What is Slab Leak Detection?
Slab leaks typically occur when the piping beneath your concrete foundation deteriorates, resulting in pinhole leaks in your plumbing. The four main causes for slab leaks are a chemical interaction between the pipes and the water running though them, foundation shifting, high water pressure, or poor plumbing craftsmanship or workmanship (inferior supplies or materials, a kinked line, a line nicked by another (non-plumbing) workman, etc.).
Homes in Rio Grande Valley built on concrete slabs are vulnerable to shift, particularly when there isn’t much rain. If the soil moves too much, plumbing lines can develop leaks.
You may need leak detection if:
- Water bill increases for no apparent reason
- Hear the sound of water running when no taps are open
- Visible foundation cracks
- Warm spots on slab floors
- Discolored or damp floor coverings
- Smell bad odors coming from floors or walls